PLAY TAG! THE GAME FOR 'EVERY' BODY
Auckland Intermediate Schools Tag 2018
Welcome all to the 2018 Auckland Intermediate Schools Tag Tournament
Thank you for entering your school into this year’s competition.
This is the initial Brief for New Zealand Tag Football Tag Inaugural Auckland Intermediate Schools Tag Tournament to be delivered at Cox's Bay Reserve, Westmere Auckland.
The information is provided to Schools Coaches and Sports Directors to allow planning and preparation for the tournament.
$100 (NZD) Per Team (Minimum of 10 players per team) Maximum of 16 per squad
It is advised one lump sum is paid per school.
You will be able to utilize all 16 players for all games if you so choose.
Please note Girls are eligible to play in the boys grade if they so choose.
Boys Grade (Year 7-8)
Girls Grade (Year 7-8)
Tuesday April 10th 2018
PLEASE REPORT FOR COACHES/SPORTS COORDINATORS MEETING AT 9.00AM FOR TOURNAMENT BRIEFING and any changes or updates
FIRST ROUND STARTS: 9.30AM
Games will be 25 minutes long with 12minute halves with a straight swap over. There will be a 5min break between each round.
All schools will be given a minimum of a least 4 games in the day.
Teams must be on the field tagged up ready to go at the sound of the hooter to start the game. It is the responsibliity of the school teams to be on the correct fields as well.
Bright Yellow Field Number flags will be at the venue to clearly mark how the fields are presented.
Cox's Bay Reserve
66 West End Road Westmere
Click on the link for directions.
$100 IS REQUIRED TO SECURE YOUR SCHOOL TEAM IN THE DRAW FULLY PAID BY FRIDAY APRIL 6TH 2018
the account number to deposit your $100 team entry bond is:
NEW ZEALAND TAG FOOTBALL INC ACCOUNT:
(Please ensure you indicate your team name and grade as reference when depositing)
eg: Kowhai Int Boys Fees
NB: It is your responsibility to get your deposit in on the due date. If we have not received your deposit, your team will be defaulted until sufficient evidence is shown that monies has been deposited.
NO REGISTRATION MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT. NO PAY= NO PLAY
Players may play in NZTFI or Oztag regulation tag football shorts. If players/schools do not have regulation tag shorts please contact email@example.com and we will supply belts and loan tag shorts for the player on the day.
Belts will be available to teams who are competing for the first time and do not have the correct shorts for the event. (It is highly recommended teams make an effort to acquire tag shorts before the event)
When wearing belts players must tuck there t shirts into their shorts.
NO SHORTS WITH POCKETS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD.
BELTS MUST BE WORN AT WAIST LEVEL AT ALL TIMES. TAGS MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE SIDES OF HIPS AT ALL TIMES.
Experienced Adult Tag Players will be our referees for the tournament
PLEASE RESPECT THE REFEREES DECISIONS AT ALL TIMES.
All teams are required to have matching school PE tops.
• ALL PLAYERS/COACHES/MANAGERS/SUPPORTERS/REFEREES/OFFFICIALS MUST ABIDE BY THE NZTFI CODES OF CONDUCT DURING THE TOURNAMENT AS INDICATED ON OUR WEBSITE AT
• Players on the registration form can only participate at the tournament.
• Bare feet will not be permitted.
• All players MUST wear correct playing sports shoes, or plastic/rubber moulded boots. NO Sprigs are allowed
• Playing tops must be tucked into the shorts at all times.
1. All matches will start on time. Teams are advised to be at the playing venue minimum one hour before the start of their games. Team Managers ONLY, to report to Tournament Admin area, on arrival to the venue, for any tournament updates. In the unlikely event of Draw changes, these will be posted on the Noticeboard and advised at the teams meeting at 8.45am.
2. Playing rules will be as per the NZTI 2nd Edition Rules or go to www.nztagfootball.co.nz on the “How do I play Tag” page. Download a copy at the bottom of this page.
3. The 2-point zone or Bonus Box will be used
4. A Hooter sound will be used to START each match, sound HALF TIME, and sound the START of the Second Half and at the END of NORMAL TIME.
5. There is an 5-minute interval between each round.
6. All Games are 25-minutes duration, 12-minute halves, with a straight swap at half time.
7. LATE RULE: If a team is late to the playing field, 5-minutes is timed from the Start hooter @ 1 point per minute. Referee to record on the scorecard. If a team fails to take the field within the 5-minute period, the match will be ruled as a Default WIN (+8pts, 0 against) to the non-offending team.
8. Team Coach or Captains only, to confirm the score, with the Referee, at both half time and full time. (It is recommended to check with Referee when a try is scored near the 2 point zones as coaches can sometimes assume it is a 2point when it was actually a 1pt try)
9. It is the responsibility of the Captain or the Coach/School Coordinator, of each team, to sign the scorecard at the completion of each match. The scorecards will be returned to Tournament HQ, by the match Referee only.
10. The Referees decision is FINAL.
11. Player Substitutions will occur from around the Sub-Box area only, 10-metres either side of half way.
12. Teams can only field have a maximum of 18 players and a minimum of 12 players per game.
13. Only Sports Coordinators/Coaches are allowed access to the Tournament HQ (Headquarters).
14. The MC, Match Points Administrator and Timekeeper are strictly out of bounds. Any queries must go via the Tournament Director ONLY
15. It is the responsibility of the PLAYERS of each school team to return the Tags and game ball to the HALFWAY LINE CENTRE OF THE PLAYING FIELD. This provides COURTESY to the teams playing after you. Teams are expected to abide by this rule. It is the responsibility of the Referee, to ensure the BALL is passed to the Referee of the next match on that field.
16. Foul language, sledging or violent behaviour, on or off the field, will NOT be tolerated.
17. The Tournament Administrators reserve the right to remove any team, player, coach, manager, supporter, or individual, from the premises/tournament where behaviour is deemed inappropriate or unacceptable.
18. If a player is sent from the field during a match, for any reason, the player will serve a minimum of (one) 1-match suspension, subject to determination by the Tournament Officials.
19. If a team wishes to protest a decision or result, the Schools Sports Coordinator/Coach must lodge the protest to the tournament coordinator at the conclusion of their game. The Tournament Officials will review the protest and a decision will be made based on their findings. Their decision will be final.
20. A Sin Bin period is generally x2 sets of 6 tags for the infringing player, determined by the Referee. The tags of the infringing player are held by the Referee.
21. A drawn result in round robin play will stand as a draw.
22. A draw in a Quarter Final, Semi Final or Final will go to drop off 5 on 5. Golden Point rule will apply.
The Referee will halt the match at the end of normal time.Three players will drop off from each team. A Toss of the coin will be undertaken.Winner chooses direction, loser kicks off.
Kick Off Rules
23. The team wins the toss chooses both which direction to run and which team will kick-off. This is reversed for the second half.
24.3 The kick-off is a place kick from the centre of the halfway line. No kicking tee can be used.
24.4 When a try is scored the SCORING TEAM shall kick-off to restart play. The restart can only be taken once the referee is ready and has whistled to restart the game.
24.5 The 50/10 meter kicking rule DOES APPLY from a kick-off. A “50/10” is when a ball is kicked from a kick-off and the ball bounces in the field of play and crosses the touch line within 10m of the opponents’ try line, the kicking team will receive a play the ball. The play the ball will be taken 10m in from the touch-line and 10m out from the try line.
Bonus Box SCORING
25.1 Scoring a try in the Bonus Box Zone is worth 2pts
25.2. If the ball is placed on or touches the Bonus Box horizontal, vertical or base line it will be deemed a Bonus Box Try as per the points indicated above in 7.7 and 7.8
25.3 A player can run in a try from behind the Bonus Box and score from the rear as well as score from the front left or right of the Bonus Box area.
Drawn Match Quarter,Semi and Grand Finals Drop Off Rule
26.1 DROP-OFF RULE: During the knock out stage of a tournament, if a match is drawn at full time, then additional time shall be played to determine a winner.
26.2 The TWO POINT ZONE will be removed, the TRY LINE/ ZONE is ONLY worth ONE POINT.
26.3 The referee shall stop the match at normal time and a new toss will be taken to determine direction and kick off. Both sides will immediately reduce the number of players on the pitch to five (5) with a maximum of three (3) males.
*26.4 The first team to score a try will be deemed the winner.
*26.4.1 RIGHT OF REPLY: However if a try is scored immediately from the
kick-off in the first ‘set of six’ (6) tags.
26.4.2 Then the team that had been scored against must RESTART play with a TAP KICK to allow for the ‘right of reply’ to attempt to score a try on their first ‘set of six’ (6) tags.
26.4.3 If a team does score within the set of six (6) tags during a reply of a Right of Reply the restart remains a TAP KICK.
26.4.4 After both teams have had a Right of Reply each, at the completion of extra time the REFEREE shall call both captains and a NEW TOSS will be taken to determine direction and TAP KICK, this period is then GOLDEN POINT first TEAM to score.
26.4.5 If a defending player knocks the ball forward in the first set of play and the attacking team retains possession this is NOT deemed a right of reply from the defending team.
26.4.6 During this period of additional time NO interchange will be allowed.
• There are NO SUBSTITUTIONS during Golden Point Extra Time. Play will continue until a result is achieved to determine the winner. Rankings in the Grading Rounds will be determined by Wins and Losses first, then Points Differential (points for, minus points against). Win = 2 points, Draw = 1 point, Loss = 0 (Zero) points.
27. In the case of equal points on Differential, the team with the least points scored against them, will progress to the Semi-Finals. If there is still a draw, the team with the best percentage will progress to the Semi-Finals
28. A Bye will be classed as a WIN, 8 points for, 0 points against.
29. Schools are required to keep their area clean and tidy, and remove any rubbish before they leave at the end of each game day. Rubbish Bags will be supplied. PLEASE KEEP CLEAN: YOUR TENT, WARM UP AREAS AND THE PARK.
30. STRICTLY NO ALCOHOL IS TO BE CONSUMED BY SUPPORTERS ON THE SIDELINES of any match ALSO NO SMOKING ON THE SIDELINES of any match.
31. THERE WILL BE A TROPHY PRESENTATION AND TEAM PHOTOS FOR TEAMS IN FRONT OF THE NZTFI BANNERS FOR RUNNERS UP AND WINNERS FOR EACH GRADE. THESE PICS WILL GO UP ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE.
If you require further information regarding this year’s Inaugural Intermediate Schools Tag Tournament, please do not hesitate to call us and we will be happy to assist you.
021 64 13 64
Rawinia 'Ra' Mana
029 773 0019