Welcome all to the 2016 Junior Tag Regionals
When: Saturday February 13th 2016
Thank you for entering your team into this year’s competition.
$10 Per Player (Maximum of 10 players per team) for U7s and 9s Grades only.
11s, 13s, 15s Minimum of 10 player and maximum of 20 players
You will be able to utilize all 20 players for all games if you so choose.
Please note Girls are eligible to play in all grades with the boys and if there is enough interest we will endevour to have girls only grades depending on the interest level and entries for all grades.
A player’s birthday must fall on or after January 1st 2016, to be eligible for the grade. (i.e. to play in U/15 they must be turning 15 in the current year to be eligible for U15)
Youth Grade Year
Under 15s 2001
Under 13s 2003
Under 11s 2005
Under 9s 2007
Under 7s 2009
Spaces are limited as we are operating from 6 Tag Fields,1st in 1st serve basis. ALL NZTFI Module teams are welcome to enter. You can represent module or as your individual team
Saturday February 13th 2016
PLEASE REPORT FOR TEAM MEETING AT 8.30AM FOR TOURNAMENT BRIEFING & any changes or updates from rulings, times, etc FIRST ROUND STARTS: 9.00AM
Games will be 25 minutes long with 12minute halves with a straight swap over. There will be a 5min break between each round.
Teams must be on the field tagged up ready to go on the hooter. It is the responsibliity of the teams to be on the correct fields a
Moyle Park, Manukau Rugby League Fields Manukau City
TEAMS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 10 PLAYERS IN THEIR TEAMS TO BE ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE IN THIS COMPETITION.
A DEPOSIT OF $40 IS REQUIRED TO SECURE YOUR KIDS TEAM IN THE DRAW FULLY PAID BY MONDAY FEB 8TH 2016.
the account number to deposit your $40 team entry bond is:
ASB Bank 12-3059-0524769-000
(Please ensure you indicate your team name and grade as reference when depositing)
NB: It is your responsibility to get your deposit in on the due date. If we have not received your deposit, your team will be removed from the draw and a new team will take your place such is the demand for this tournament.
NO REGISTRATION MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT. NO DEPOSIT = NO PLAY AND NOT IN THE DRAW.
Players can only play in NZTFI regulation kids tag football shorts. You can purchase kids tag shorts through your local tag coordinator or at the SAS Sports Shop at 28 Wood St Papakura or call them on 09 299 8412 for your nearest SAS retail outlet.
Childrens Shorts $15
Belts will be available to teams who are competing for the first time and do not have the correct shorts for the event. (It is highly recommended teams make an effort to acquire tag shorts before the event)
When wearing belts players must tuck there t shirts into their shorts.
NO SHORTS WITH POCKETS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD.
BELTS MUST BE WORN AT WAIST LEVEL AT ALL TIMES. TAGS MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE SIDES OF HIPS AT ALL TIMES.
BELTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE IN THE 13s & 15s GRADES.
PLEASE RESPECT THE REFEREES DECISIONS AT ALL TIMES.
All teams are required to have matching tops.
• ALL PLAYERS/COACHES/MANAGERS/SUPPORTERS/REFEREES/OFFFICIALS MUST ABIDE BY THE NZTFI CODES OF CONDUCT DURING THE TOURNAMENT AS INDICATED ON OUR WEBSITE AT
All players MUST have there ID with them during the tournament for proof of age.
• Absolutely NO ‘RING IN’ players will be allowed, during the final series. Players on the registration form can only participate at the tournament.
• BAD BEHAVIOR OR SWEARING ON THE FIELD OR SIDELINES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
• U7s/9s/11s will not require playing sports shoes. barefeet is preferred.
• 13s and 15s players MUST wear correct playing sports shoes. NO Sprigs are allowed
• Playing tops must be tucked into the shorts at all times.
1. All matches will start on time. Teams are advised to be at the playing venue minimum one hour before the start of their games. Team Managers ONLY, to report to Tournament Admin area, on arrival to the venue, for any tournament updates. In the unlikely event of Draw changes, these will be posted on the Noticeboard and advised at the teams meeting at 8.45am.
Teams notified individually if there is any minor alteration affecting a team.
2. Playing rules will be as per the NZTI 2nd Edition Rules for under 9s,11s, 13s,15s and Mini Mod rules for the Under 7s grade download mini mod tag rules or go to www.nztagfootball.co.nz on the “How do I play Tag” page. Download a copy at the bottom of this page.
Note (a): The 2-point zone and scoring rule will be used for 9s,11s,13s,15s grades only
Note (b): When the ball is kicked off at the start and restart of play, bounces in the field of play and travels across the plane of the tryline, a receiving player who started frominside the field of play, may drop back behind the tryline, catch the ball before it hits the ground, and run the ball out. Play on.
3. A Hooter sound will be used to START each match, sound HALF TIME, and sound the START of the Second Half and at the END of NORMAL TIME.
4. Teams are advised to be ON the playing field, with tags on, READY TO START PLAYING BEFORE the soundtrack finishes. Match time starts when the music
track ends with the START hooter.
5. There is an 5-minute interval between each round.
6. All Games are 25-minutes duration, 12-minute halves, with a straight swap at half time.
7. LATE RULE: If a team is late to the playing field, 5-minutes is timed from the Start hooter @ 1 point per minute. Referee to record on the scorecard. If a team fails to take the field within the 5-minute period, the match will be ruled as a Default WIN (+8pts, 0 against) to the non-offending team.
8. Team Managers or Captains only, to confirm the score, with the Referee, at both half time and full time. (It is recommended to check with Referee when a try is scored near the 2 point zones as coaches can sometimes assume it is a 2point when it was actually a 1pt try)
9. It is the responsibility of the Captain or the Team Manager, of each team, to sign the scorecard at the completion of each match. The scorecards will be returned to Tournament HQ, by the match Referee only.
10. The Referees decision is FINAL. Protests will incur the normal $100 fee, see No.21.
11. Player Substitutions will occur from the Sub-Box area only, which is marked, 10-metres either side of half way.
12. Teams can only field have a maximum of 18 players and a minimum of 12 players per game.
13. Only Team Managers are allowed access to the Tournament HQ (Headquarters).
14. The MC, Match Points Administrator and Timekeeper are strictly out of bounds. Liaison through the Tournament Administrator ONLY, is required for communication with any of the Event Management personnel.
15. It is the responsibility of the PLAYERS of each team to return the Tags and game ball to the HALFWAY LINE CENTRE OF THE PLAYING FIELD. This provides COURTESY to the teams playing after you. Teams are expected to abide by this rule. It is the responsibility of the Referee, to ensure the BALL is passed to the Referee of the next match on that field.
16. Foul language, sledging or violent behaviour, on or off the field, will NOT be tolerated.
17. The Tournament Administrators reserve the right to remove any team, player, coach, manager, supporter, or individual, from the premises/tournament where behaviour is deemed inappropriate or unacceptable.
18. If a player is sent from the field during a match, for any reason, the player will serve a minimum of (one) 1-match suspension, subject to determination by the Judicial Panel.
19. If a team wishes to protest a decision or result, the Team Manager must lodge the protest on the appropriate form, with Tournament HQ, within a 30-minute period, immediately following the completion of the match. A $100 cash protest fee is payable on submission of the protest. If the appeal is successful the $100 is refunded, if unsuccessful the $100 is forfeited. The Judicial Panel will review the protest and a decision will be made based on their findings. The Judicial Panel decision will be final.
20. A Sin Bin period is generally x2 sets of 6 tags for the infringing player, determined by the Referee. The tags of the infringing player are held by the Referee.
21. A drawn result in round robin play will stand as a draw.
22. A draw in a Quarter Final - first team to score wins the match. If the score is Nil-all at the end of normal time, the Golden Point rule will apply.
23.RULES IF THERE IS A DRAW IN SEMI/FINAL
The Referee will halt the match at the next dead ball following the end of normal time.
Three players will drop off from each team. A Toss of the coin will be undertaken.Winner chooses direction, loser kicks off.
• NO 2 POINT TRY, ONLY 1 POINT TRY
• IF TEAM RECEIVING FROM KICK OFF SCORES WITHIN
THE FIRST SET OF POSSESSION, THEN A RIGHT OF REPLY
OPPORTUNITY IS GIVEN TO THE OPPOSING TEAM
• THE TEAM THAT SCORES THEN KICKS TO THE TEAM ENTITLED FOR THE RIGHT OF REPLY.
• IF THE BALL FROM THIS KICK OFF GOES DEAD IN GOAL (NOT ON THE FULL).
THEN THIS IS RIGHT OF REPLY COMPLETED.
23. • There are NO SUBSTITUTIONS during Golden Point Extra Time. Play will continue until a result is achieved to determine the winner. Rankings in the Grading Rounds will be determined by Wins and Losses first, then Points Differential (points for, minus points against). Win = 2 points, Draw = 1 point, Loss = 0 (Zero) points.
24. In the case of equal points on Differential, the team with the most Tries Scored, will progress to the Semi-Finals. If there is still a draw, the team with the best percentage will progress to the Semi-Finals
25. A Bye will be classed as a WIN, 8 points for, 0 points against.
26. • There are NO SUBSTITUTIONS during Golden Point Extra Time. Play will continue until a result is achieved to determine the winner. All teams are
required to keep their area clean and tidy, and remove any rubbish before they leave at the end of each game day. PLEASE KEEP CLEAN: YOUR TENT, WARM UP AREAS AND THE STADIUM.
27. STRICTLY NO ALCOHOL TO BE CONSUMED ON THE SIDELINES of any match NO SMOKING ON THE SIDELINES of any match.
28. THERE WILL BE A TROPHY PRESENTATION AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE TOURNAMENT.
If you require further information regarding this year’s Junior Regionals, please do not hesitate to call us and we will be happy to assist you.
021 64 13 64